This is the thirteenth in the Whoa!Canada: Proportional Representation Series
Meet the ERRE Special Committee on Electoral Reform.
These Members of Parliament are currently engaged in conducting an Electoral Reform Consulatation with Canadians — both online and off — as mandated by the Federal Government.
Gérard Deltell ~ Conservative
Député de Louis-Saint-Laurent à la Chambre des communes
Blake Richards ~ (Conservative)
MP for Banff — Airdrie
replaced Hon. Jason Kenney ~ Conservative
Member of Parliament for Calgary Midnapore
• Sylvie Boucher for Scott Reid (Conservative)
• Blake Richards for Hon. Jason Kenney (Conservative) see above
• Pat Kelly for Hon. Jason Kenney (Conservative)
• Tom Kmiec for Hon. Jason Kenney (Conservative)
• Alain Rayes (Conservative)
• David Christopherson for Nathan Cullen (NDP)
• Matthew Dubé for Nathan Cullen (NDP)
• Daniel Blaikie for Alexandre Boulerice (NDP)
• Sheri Benson for Alexandre Boulerice (NDP)
• Gabriel Ste-Marie for Luc Thériault (Bloc Québécois)
If you use twitter, use the #ERRE #Q hashtag for anything you want the committee to consider.
The Committee will also be travelling throughout Canada to meet with Canadians during the consultation period. All MPs are encouraged to hold Town Hall meetings with citizens in their respective ridings. Everyone should contact their local MPs constituency office for details of these events. Because the time line is so tight, it is important these be scheduled very soon.
If your MP is not making any move to hold a town hall, or if you are concerned that your MP may not support Proportional Representation, please call or write. Whether or not you’re inside or outside Waterloo Region, you’ll find some good ideas about what you might say from the WRGreens’ Push for Proportional Representation Action page.
For more info check out PR 4 Canada Resources
• Proportional Representation for Canada
• What’s so bad about First Past The Post
• Democracy Primer
• Working for Democracy
• The Popular Vote
• Why Don’t We Have PR Already?
• Why No Referendum?
• Electoral System Roundup
• When Canadians Learn about PR with CGP Grey
• Proportional Representation vs. Alternative Vote
• #ERRE #Q Committee
• #ERRE #Q Meetings & Transcripts
• Take The Poll ~ #ERRE #Q
• Proportionality #ERRE #Q
• The Poll’s The Thing
• DIY Electoral Reform Info Sessions
• What WE Can Do for ERRE
• #ERRE today and Gone Tomorrow (…er, Friday)
• Redistricting Roulette
• #ERRE submission Deadline TONIGHT!
and don’t forget to check out the PR4Canada Resources page!
The photo Nathan Cullen in Montreal ©by Jonathan Allard was released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) license, so my “Nathan Cullen’s Proposal” graphicgraphic is also shared with a free culture Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Parliament Buildings by Roger Duhamel is in the Public Domain
All other images by Laurel L. Russwurm are released under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License of the blog or dedicated to the Public Domain via CC0