Too many things are happening at once, but it is critical to continue to press the Liberal Government for Proportional Representation.
It appears the Government will do what it can to avoid implementing electoral reform, so When the Liberal Government’s electoral reform postcards arrive, it is very important to discover where the ambiguity in the survey will be. I’ll try to post information here, but I caution Canadians to look around and see what is discussed online about the survey, and certainly listen to what Fair Vote has to say before filling it in.
We have just seen the government of PEI decide not to honour the vote so this is a critical juncture. We can’t afford not to have representation.
As well as personally calling your MP, this would be a good time to share any pro-PR graphics you see on whatever social media you use. Share, and share again. (Please note: both Facebook and Twitter don’t share everything we post with everyone in our network, so posting again later is a good practise.
Please feel free to share any of my original graphics available in my PR 4 Canada album on Flickr (and which I will continue adding to). The more noise we make, the better!
(Think how much easier it will be when we have representatives who represent us!)
• Proportional Representation for Canada
• What’s so bad about First Past The Post
• Democracy Primer
• Working for Democracy
• The Popular Vote
• Why Don’t We Have PR Already?
• Why No Referendum?
• Electoral System Roundup
• When Canadians Learn about PR with CGP Grey
• Proportional Representation vs. Alternative Vote
• #ERRÉ #Q Committee
• #ERRÉ #Q Meetings & Transcripts
• Take The Poll ~ #ERRÉ #Q
• Proportionality #ERRÉ #Q
• The Poll’s The Thing
• DIY Electoral Reform Info Sessions
• What WE Can Do for ERRÉ
• #ERRÉ today and Gone Tomorrow (…er, Friday)
• Redistricting Roulette
• #ERRÉ submission Deadline TONIGHT!
• #ERRÉ Submission by Laurel L. Russwurm
• The Promise: “We will make every vote count” #ERRÉ
• FVC: Consultations Provide Strong Mandate for Proportional Representation #ERRÉ
• PEI picks Proportional Representation
• There is only one way to make every vote count #ERRÉ
and don’t forget to check out the PR4Canada Resources page!