No matter where you live in Canada, your Member of Parliament should be hosting a Town Hall to consult with you about electoral reform.
But we don’t have to wait for them because a large component of the ERRE Consultation Process is effectively “do-it-yourself.” That’s why Fair Vote Canada and other grass root organizations will be conducting their own community dialogues and information sessions across Canada. Any local community groups ~ anyone ~ can host their very own consultation or discussion night! If you’re interested you can get Fair Vote Waterloo’s Make Every Vote Count presentation.
September is the busy season for Electoral Reform as Canada’s Consultation process heats up in the rush to get it done.
Thursday September 8th
Kitchener Public Library presents
Fair Vote Waterloo: Make Every Vote Count
Find out why Canada is planning to modernize our voting system, and and learn how the government plans to make every vote count for Canada’s next election. Waterloo Region’s local non-partisan grass roots organization Fair Vote Waterloo will present the information about different voting system options. [note: you must register for this event]
7:00 pm – 9:00 pm at KPL Central Library Branch
85 Queen St NKitchener, ON N2H 2H1
Even if you aren’t local to Waterloo Region, there will likely be similar events taking place throughout the month of September across Canada.
Check out the Official Calendar of Electoral Reform Events, and look out for The Hon. Maryam Monsef’s Community Dialogue Tour.
• Proportional Representation for Canada
• What’s so bad about First Past The Post
• Democracy Primer
• Working for Democracy
• The Popular Vote
• Why Don’t We Have PR Already?
• Why No Referendum?
• Electoral System Roundup
• When Canadians Learn about PR with CGP Grey
• Proportional Representation vs. Alternative Vote
• #ERRÉ #Q Committee
• #ERRÉ #Q Meetings & Transcripts
• Take The Poll ~ #ERRÉ #Q
• Proportionality #ERRÉ #Q
• The Poll’s The Thing
• DIY Electoral Reform Info Sessions
• What WE Can Do for ERRÉ
• #ERRÉ today and Gone Tomorrow (…er, Friday)
• Redistricting Roulette
• #ERRÉ submission Deadline TONIGHT!
• #ERRÉ Submission by Laurel L. Russwurm
• The Promise: “We will make every vote count” #ERRÉ
• FVC: Consultations Provide Strong Mandate for Proportional Representation #ERRÉ
• PEI picks Proportional Representation
• There is only one way to make every vote count #ERRÉ
• Canada is Ready 4 Proportional Representation
• Sign the Petition e-616
• #ProportionalRepresentation Spin Cycle ~ #ERRÉ
• International Women’s Day 2017 ~ #IWD
• An Open Letter to ERRÉ Committee Liberals
and don’t forget to check out the PR4Canada Resources page!
To the extent possible under law, Byron Weber Becker has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this Make Every Vote Count Presentation in any format. This work is published from: Canada. See http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/