The consultation phase of Canada’s electoral reform process is drawing to a close. The deadline for public submissions is midnight, Friday October 7th, 2016. The Fair Vote Waterloo Resources Page lays out the ways you can make a submission.
There are many ways to make submissions (more suggestions in What We Can Do For ERRE); I’m writing my own brief and submitting it via emai (and publishing it here), but many Canadians have expressed their preference for Proportional Representation through cards or letters (email and postal mail) and many more have participated in public consultation like the one in Brantford-Brant this afternoon.
Submissions to the consultation can be made until midnight, October 7th, 2016. Then the process will take the next step up the ladder as the ERRE Special Committee on Electoral Reform studies the question.
[Reprinted from the WRGreens Blog]
Haven’t had your fill of electoral reform yet? Come on out to the Brantford this afternoon for a multi-partisan look at Electoral Reform.
Sunday at Laurier
Get the facts and have your say at this Electoral Reform Forum!
This is a non-partisan event officially recognized by the government intended to discuss the issues surrounding electoral reform.
The federal Liberal government has set up a wide ranging consultation process to inform the all-party committee in Parliament which will be making recommendations to the government in December. A report will be submitted to the committee based on input received at this event.
WRGreens own Temara Brown (Cambridge GPO) will be giving the Green Party perspective on electoral reform at this event.
Sunday, October 2nd, 2016
Brantford-Brant Electoral Reform Event
1pm – 3pm
Laurier Brampton Campus
The Odeon Building
50 Market St. ~ Rm 110
(parking behind building)
This Electoral Reform consultation wraps up Friday (October 7, 2016) so this may very well be your last chance to attend an event. Get the facts on electoral reform!
Every Canadian who wants to should have a say to help shape what our system looks like for 2019! This is your chance!
• Proportional Representation for Canada
• What’s so bad about First Past The Post
• Democracy Primer
• Working for Democracy
• The Popular Vote
• Why Don’t We Have PR Already?
• Why No Referendum?
• Electoral System Roundup
• When Canadians Learn about PR with CGP Grey
• Proportional Representation vs. Alternative Vote
• #ERRÉ #Q Committee
• #ERRÉ #Q Meetings & Transcripts
• Take The Poll ~ #ERRÉ #Q
• Proportionality #ERRÉ #Q
• The Poll’s The Thing
• DIY Electoral Reform Info Sessions
• What WE Can Do for ERRÉ
• #ERRÉ today and Gone Tomorrow (…er, Friday)
• Redistricting Roulette
• #ERRÉ submission Deadline TONIGHT!
• #ERRÉ Submission by Laurel L. Russwurm
• The Promise: “We will make every vote count” #ERRÉ
• FVC: Consultations Provide Strong Mandate for Proportional Representation #ERRÉ
• PEI picks Proportional Representation
• There is only one way to make every vote count #ERRÉ
• Canada is Ready 4 Proportional Representation
• Sign the Petition e-616
• #ProportionalRepresentation Spin Cycle ~ #ERRÉ
• International Women’s Day 2017 ~ #IWD
• An Open Letter to ERRÉ Committee Liberals
and don’t forget to check out the PR4Canada Resources page!